Saturday, November 3, 2012

I realize now;

Saturday, November 3, 2012
   how far you'd go
   and how far distant I've been left behind

HEADS UP : This post contains lonely expressions. eh. not really lah!

Hello everybody! (?)

All praise to The Almighty, I've been living on this earth for 22 years now. I’m grateful for what I've done and where I've been since the day I was born.


Work for a cause, not for applause. Live life to express, not to express. Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt.


I can’t be dependent on others to be happy. I should be the one striving for my own happiness. I couldn't care enough if people are constantly leaving me. Damn it! I actually have been saying these things so many times (well, every time I was feeling left behind) but I've been back and forth. Hah! So back off when it’s time to do so. Stay focus and do not get distracted anymore! You’re on your own!


I did pretty amazing things on my birthday this year;
1. climbing up to the top of Mount Sinai
2. enjoying the super beautiful view of sun rise from the top of Mount Sinai
3. riding quad bike (my first time) in dark night to the Bedouins village in the desert

So this year I spent my Eid holiday in Egypt. Personally, this wasn't merely a vacation. I felt sort of connected with Egypt. I learnt a lot of things from this trip. As for most of my previous vacations, I felt no more than a foreigner following the map moving from one tourist attraction to another. But this visit to Egypt taught me a lot about the lifestyle of an Egyptian or at least a non-Egyptian staying there.

I’m lucky enough to have been living in a typical Arab world in a small barren country called Jordan. So I already had the background image of how it was gonna be in Egypt. Frankly, I did a lot of comparison between these two countries.

To be clear, this wasn't my second Arab country I've visited in my whole life. Thank God, in 2009 I had the opportunity to see the beautiful old country named Syria which is now in an unstable state. Syria was in many ways similar to Jordan. But I was barely a residence in Jordan back then. So to be honest, it was only one of other trips. In 2011 (I was in my third year), I went to United Arab Emirates or to be specific Dubai and Abu Dhabi. The gulf countries are in so many ways different than Jordan or Syria.

But this time, there was a different feeling throughout my journey in Egypt. I didn’t feel alienated, nor out casted as a foreigner. Things went smooth, although some little problems were inevitable.

As an Arab country, Egypt in so many ways is typical. Recalling from history, people make living around a water source thus the famous Nile River. Cairo is a very old and highly populated city. You can see by your own eyes how crowded the city is on every single day. I have a theory that due to overpopulation, the management became lose because it’s a big challenge to control a very huge number of people. You can provide as many facilities or services as you can. But to control people or citizens is a different matter.


Cairo is a very busy city. Crowded in addition to dusty, I learnt the importance of staying calm in such situations. Havoc is a normal scene. You can easily lose your temper. The hot weather of desert adds to your head and body temperature. Compared to Jordan, this country is far more well equipped but the problem lies with the people. This is an unjust comparison though, because Jordan is an amateur country compared to Egypt which is very ancient.

Okay, don’t intend to write much. Personally, I think Egypt is far more developed than Jordan but due to its overpopulation, I prefer to be here in Jordan. Every beautiful thing can become a mess when too many hands are on it.

P.S. Thinking of a new blog title.


All of your wallowing is unbecoming
You've got to take it on your own from here
It's getting pathetic and I'm almost done here

0 responses:

 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates. Distributed by Deluxe Templates